The goal of a professional inspection is to provide an independent, unbiased view of any existing or potential problems and possible solutions in order to equip clients with all the facts needed to make sound, informed decisions. With every inspection, we aim to do just that, while offering the highest quality of service in the industry.
Schedule an inspection any time with our convenient online scheduling system or speak to a member of our friendly staff by calling our office M-F 7:00-6:00 or Saturday 8:00-1:00.
Feel free to attend your inspection. We welcome and encourage clients to be present at inspections so we can answer any questions on the spot and ensure that our findings are fully understood. In order to accommodate most schedules, we offer inspections 7 days a week.
Expect us to arrive promptly. Your inspector will be courteous, polite and respectful throughout the inspection process which will include a careful and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components of the property.
A typical inspection will be completed in 1.5-3 hours, depending on the size and condition of the property.
Can’t join us for an inspection? Don’t worry! All our findings will be compiled into a detailed report including photos, clear descriptions, and recommendations. The report will be emailed to you upon completion of the inspection and will also be accessible online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
View a sample report
Have questions about your report? We will make sure they are all answered with a free telephone consultation after your inspection.
For ongoing home owner support, we are happy to offer our clients one free year of service from Home Owners Network. Download HON’s “Ask the Experts” app or log onto HomeOwnersNetwork.com to receive live help from industry professionals regarding anything around your home! Learn more about this special offer.
You can feel good about choosing RBS&K knowing that we donate $5 from every inspection to Freedom Service Dogs of America.
Elements of an Inspection:
- Roof: shingles, flashing, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items
- Attic: insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items
- Plumbing and Fixtures: water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components
- Interior: floor and ceilings, walls, stairs and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components
- Heating and Cooling Systems: furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, electronic carbon monoxide testing, electric gas sniffer testing, air conditioner and line, and other visible related HVAC components
- Electrical Systems: service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components
- Basement, Crawl Space, and Foundation: insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns
- Exterior: siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components
- Decks and Porches
- Overall Structure